IGNORED

engine problem today

Skyblue280z

I was driving my 280Z today and all of a sudden white smoke started poring from the vents on my hood, I pulled over and opened it to see what was the matter. Well, the tube that goes from the cap of the radiator to this plastic container which is located right behind the turn signal lights in the front, its cap had popped off the smoke was coming from that container. Now, Im not an expert on the engine so I'm assuming Im low on anti freaze? because there was a crap load of liquid splattered everywhere but I couldnt tell if it was green or not... All I know is that it came from that container. I put the cap back on the plastic container and started to drive again, but it keeps on poring white smoke after a bit... I have no idea whats up, maybe I need more of some kind of liquid?

I never drove the car home, its sitting in a parking lot awaiting a tow truck which comes tomorrow...

Edited by Skyblue280z

I read in another thread about an overflow reservoir cap that kept being blown off, with lots of coolant spillage, etc. Others were speculating it was a blown head gasket (i.e. with exhaust pressurizing the coolant system and blowing coolant and gasses out through the overflow). Look here:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35701

It would appear the problem still isn't diagnosed, but it looks like you might have a similar problem.

Edited by FastWoman