IGNORED

Undercoating

Pomorza

Hello guys

I own a 1976 Datsun 280z that has been in Arizona pretty much its entire life. (or I have been told so). After inspecting the car I found that there is little rust on the car but the undercoating that came from the factory is no longer really there. So I here is what I'm wondering.

1. Have any of you guys used the roll on bed liner on the underside of your Z? Does it work well? How hard is it to apply?

2. Any other products you guys have used for undercoating?

3. Has anyone gone through a body shop and if so how much did it cost?

Thanks

Jan

Leave it off. It just hides potential problems. You are better off cleaning the balance of the undercoating off.

Mine has undercoating and I wish it didn't. Spent a lot of time poking it to make certain there was no rust hiding underneath.

If you have little or no undercoating I would agree with Oiluj on not adding more. As for the rust I have used POR-15 on nearly every car I've restored. I would knock of any heavy rust and apply the POR-15 over the area. You could coat the entire underside floor pans and you can paint over it should you want to match your cars color. POR-15 makes a variety of products for rust prevention, cleaning, gas tank sealing etc.