IGNORED

How long does it take?

dbcjmc

More appropriately, I suppose I should call this "How long it took" to replace all the bushings and suspension in the rear. But finally, I'm done. :D New struts, springs, Inner/Outer Lower Control Arm bushings, Sway bar and stabilizer bar bushings. All told - too many hours. So much drama back there with Freakin' Spindle pin and bushing removal, etc etc. Triumphant at last.

So here's my real question. If it took me X hours to do the back, how many more/less for the front? Struts, springs, and a box full of bushings from Black Dragon. Is it 2X or 1/2X?

I'm gonna have to say 1/3 since there are only 2 transverse link bushings vs. 4 in the rear. However you'll have to deal with the tapered fit of the front ball joint and end links which can be a pain without the right tools, especially when the rust monster has visited.

Thanks! After digging into it, it's looking like 1/3 to 1/2X. At least not more than X, which in my case is much too long. Good thing I don't have to feed myself at it. I'd go hungry for sure! Another trip to the machine shop to pop out the control arm bushings, and I think I'm good to go button it all back up.

Cheers, db

6 or 8 Hrs for every last bushing??!! That'd have to be onehelluva mechanic! Or at least he would have had to have done a Z or two before. I have a new appreciation for mechanics.

BTW - after pressing out the bushings on the transmission mount cross bar, I discovered the polyeurathane bushings to be a couple mm too small. Serious! No joke! Ended up having to scrounge another X-bar.

So far, this one and the driver side rack and pinion bushings are the only ones that don't fit. I wonder if I got the wrong ones?

The labor time disclaimer in the front of most p-page manuals state estimated times are for replacement of new oem parts on a base model new and undamaged auto. Sometimes you get lucky and the may be a shortcut , but not all times are accurate or have had actual time studies done before posting times.

• 1 month later...