IGNORED

please help !!!!!!!!!!

scotts pearl

I used sea foam today.. Engine now run rough..i removed 1 sparkplug wire at at a time. Engine should mis when each wire is removed but when i remove the #2 plugwire the engine speeds up..

Sounds like i have a small knock or rattle in engine on decelaration .. Please help

i sprayed the seam foam in a fine mist with small paint gun into intake..

So i may have carbon in cyl or wedged in valve? Was running fine until i used sea foam... Thanks

Not really sure it's related to the sea foam. Can't see how that would effect only one cylinder. It sounds more like an electrical arc in the distributor (or between wires if they are old) that causes #2 to fire before it should.

From all you've described here and elsewhere, it sounds like dirty/sticky valves. You might have swollen some varnish with the sea foam, causing the valves to stick worse. If you keep cleaning, the problems should eventually resolve.

I just paid $400 at a carquest machine shop, here what I got-

2 new valves, new exhaust guides, valve and seat grinding, tipping off the valve tips to keep them the same installed height, resurfaced head. Gasket set is another $50, I used Felpro, which includes the valve seals. The book by Frank Honsoweitz on how to rebuild your nissan L-series engine is a great investment, lots of detail on the does and dont's of rebuilding. good luck

Eric