IGNORED

lights and turning signal, voltage meter?????

myfairlady

That's great and all but what she fails to put into the equation is that your Z is older than hers and may have many more electrical issues than her later Z, that had a lot of the bugs worked out by then. The 240Z's were more of a Test unit. The electrical engineers needed to be taken out back and be smacked around. Their lack of of use of relays and better gauge wiring is and has been the downfall of way too many 240Z's.

If you really care about your Z, do the whole voltage drop reading to comfirm what everyone else has already told you, that being to Upgrade your electrical. Your fusebox is melting, Just like I said, because of bad wiring, connections, old parts and just under 40 years of wear and tear.

My Parking light upgrade harness will put the voltage back to your circuit and relieve the Combo switch, fusebox, wiring and connections BEFORE the actual ciruit, of all the amperage that has destroyed everything in the first place. The relay that is used in the PLH is acticated by only 0.30 amps, Not the 15 that the circuit normally sees.

It's time to update your Z. A new alternator that will quickly recharge the system, the upgrades that I offer will put relays into the headlight and parking light circuit, and cleaning all of your grounds and updating your power wires is Exactly what your Z needs now. In 6 years of doing this, not one single customer has EVER told me anything other than "Thanks Dave, this is one of the best things I've ever done to my 240Z" And of over a thousand units sold, I've only had to replace 1, for free, because of a bad choice of wiring on my part.

Keep in mind that I also rebuild combo and Turn Signal switches for only $60 a pair. I can also Build you a completely rebuilt, like almost new, switch if yours needs to be replaced, for only $100 per switch. NOT $175 to $300 for a non rebuilt or NOS unit like you see on Ebay and other places.

So while you do your testing, clean every connection that you come across. There are products out there that clean corrosion off and make the connection as close to new as possible.

FWIW,

Dave