IGNORED

280z bumper conversion

anthony280z2+2

I recently replaced the big long bumpers on my 280z with a xenon air dam. The problem is that know I have a large open hole in the middle. Can anyone tell me were can I get the 240z conversion brackets or if anyone is selling some. My car is getting painted(viper red)and that bumper is needed for the finish, and also maybe illegal.any thoughts will help

First, they are two types of brackets 70 to 72 and then the 73.

what What I usually did was to put a 240 grile and another one upside down and it looks good. You can also put some small blinker lights round or square.

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked for quite awhile, hoping to run across a nice pair at a decent price, good luck :)

I found a user with a set of stock that he had worked over for paint. Welded the holes, sandblasted, POR15 the backside, filled, priimed, etc. I bought the rear, but the front is off a '73 and I am a bit unsure of fitment.

I picked it up for about 2/3 the cost of the fiberglass one. I would love to go chrome but want it to be very nice quality, I just dont want to pay $1,000 or more, i.e, the stainless set on Ebay right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the rear bumper from a 73 and after speaking to the guy about the front, I thought it best to go fiberglass. The guy told me the 73 had rubber on it and sat back a little further from the body, he didnt have the rubber pieces. I looked for an earlier steel one before going to fiberglass.

The mounts work fine from the link I posted earlier in the thread. They are a bit flimsier than I imagined but everything tightens up nice when you bolt them down. The seller claims he makes them out of a thinner guage so they can be tweaked if necessary.