IGNORED

no cluster lights or side makers and back lights!

aceofspades

So where do I start! picked a really clean 260z

well the factory tach does not work but there is a pocket size sun pro wired in!

The Dizzy is a full Mallory unit! so I guess I got that going for me or maybe not!

ok so I can only drive it during the day ! =)

all the cluster light don;t work from dash to any thing!

fuses are all good! and have not tested the switch but not sure how to!

2nd light problem!

I have no side makes or back lights or plate lights! But head lamps, turn signals , brake and back up lights all work!

I checked fuse its getting power across! and i check the connector be hide glove box and next to the seat by the rocker panels. I would try to get to the ground but its on the frame rail and its hidden by the gas tank!

SO is my harness bad some where from next to the seat to the back?

also front side makers are a no go as well!

any help?

Ace,

What you're describing is a typical Parking light circuit failure. 90% of us have had to deal with it.

The Dash lights, front and rear sidemarkers, front marker lights, rear taillights and License plate light are all on the same circuit.

Start at the switch (combo switch / headlight switch) Check the green/white and green/blue wires at the switch, located on the top of the switch assembly, next to the white and red headlight wires. Everything I'm stating is located on the steering column.

If the wires look good, run a test wire from the green/white to the green/blue, using the solder joints on the switch. If the lights kick on, your combo switch is bad and needs to be replaced.

You can also just see if you have power on either green wires. if you do, then the colprit is still likely the switch.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Tried what?

Do you have power at either of the green wires on the headlight switch?

Did you jump the two wires together and see if that works?

What have you done? Did you use a test light on both sides of the parking light fuse? (third fuse down on the right.)

ok I Used my test light to check all the fuse only 2 are not getting any power at all!

I have the clean cover for the fuse box and I hope its the right one I hear its kinda rare!

but its the flasher fuse and IGN interlock fuse!

all the right are good! and have power across!

as for the switch!

both the green wires have no power to them at all with my test light and i tried to jump them and nothing!

I think the green/blue is supposed to be hot (+)

Start looking for loose connections, melted or frayed wires. if you have power at both sides of the parking light fuse, then the power issue is between the fusebox and the switch. a short run for looking for a bad wire or connector.

It should. BUT.... if one of those wires are grounded, and causing the fault in the first place, adding a positive may get you a whole different, unwanted, light. So check the wires to see if you have a zero ohm reading on either one. if one has a solid ground, that's the problem wire.

try that

Dave

ok i'm back and will

So I did alot of work tonight ! and I got alot to ask you dave!

ok SO I was not getting power past connector C-2 fixed that problem!

Picture026-1.jpg

then check the switch that worked wee!

flipped it on , pop went the fuse!

so I looked at the wire chart and saw after the switch the power splits off to C1- and C-5 both green connectors ! So i unpluged them and it still popped the fuse! So the Green white wire most be shorted some where?

So time to take off the dash and up open the harness? or any where else I should look before i got crazy here? Man I have not had this car a week and already its all taken apart =)