3.0L L series questions :) - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

3.0L L series questions :)

Featured Replies

I've read in a couple different places that the block to get is the L28ET from the 81-83 280ZX Turbo because it has siamesed (and therefore stronger) cylinder walls. I've also been told that this block has an F53 stamp code on it.

My question to you all HERE is A. do you agree with the L28ET being the best suitable block and B. can you tell me where to find the F53 stamp on the block???? I can't seem to find it on a couple different blocks I've come across recently....

Thank you,

-e

Yes, the F54 is the strongest engine block for our cars, and I would reccomend it for boring out to a 3.0L. However, it is found on ALL 81-83 ZX Datsun, not only turbos. The casting number can be found tword the bottem of the block, near the right engine mount I believe...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.