IGNORED

Noise from transmission

73_240z

I have a 73 240z with original motor and 4-speed transmission. I replaced the clutch with a kit from the LPS. When I took the transmission out of the car I did not replace the throw out bearing (yes, a bad decision). When I put it back together I had a bad noise/vibration happen every time I pushed in the clutch pedal. So I logged into the forums and after a comprehensive search, concluded that it’s the throw out bearing. I take the transmission out and replace it with the one in the kit. My problem is that is still making the noise. I decided to leave it in and it really only makes the noise when it’s cold.

Could the clutch/pressure plate be made for a different sized throw out bearing sleeve?

I also drained the transmission and refilled it with two quarts. I believe this is the correct amount.

Any help/suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by 73_240z