IGNORED

Suspension; coilovers, diff etc

BillyR

Hey fellas!

Been going through some of these posts...wow some are like 2-3years old..

Anyways maybe we are a couple of years more advance now and up to 10 or so people on this forum! LOL:cool:

I would like to have a 5x114.3 stud pattern on 24ok coupe. Is it as simple as changing the hub? What vehicle is a good donor? I would like an adjustable coilover set up for the front at least..

I'm very fond of the 32,33/S15 silvia etc upwards braking setup. As i use to have a 5stud coverted 180sx with 2way mechanical lsd, big turbo.. the works.. I have a set of very deep dished Work Equips from that car which i have been saving to put on a special ride like my present 240k.

anyhows please help & share your knowledge with me...

1) i would like front coilovers, i've read that adjustable camber tops from an s13 is a straight bolt on? That's a start..

2) 5stud conversion is a necessity,

3) 2way mechanical lsd, i would luv to have again..

4) Rear disc conversion, once again with 5x114.3 pattern is a must,

5) Drivabilty and handling similar to that of my 180sx with more emphasis on drift than circuit.

I'm extremely good hands on.. but terminology and part names which part is which etc i may fall short.. so please forgive me if sometime i may have questions that are simple.. LOL

anyways i have the help of my little 16 year old bro.. he has single handedly pulled apart his first car.. a dead 31skyline N/A auto and converted it to turbo manual and 5speed... all with no formal training and with the help of net forums!! LOL genius! A natural talent!

i talk too much! Please share your brains..

cheerbies!:beer:

I beleive(not a proven fact yet) r32 crossmember IS the right width. 2 holes line up(2 need to be drilled into the rails and crush tubes inserted). S13 lca will bolt in. you can then use an S13 a/m coilover. not sure about strut tops yet.

cross member brings in the potential of a rack.( have seen this done in a C210 using R32 column) have to use adjustable castor arms to get away from bump steer. (maybe R31 not sure yet). then you can use s14(s2) hubs or S15(different offset) for 5 stud. big bad arse brakes bolt up to these struts.

also makes bolting in an na rb30/26 hybrid 6 throttle (with trumpets)rev monster easy.

dr30, r31(import)or zr31 rear is good for r200 long nose and cv's disc brakes(biggies bolt up) and easy to convert to 5 stud.

anyway thats my 2 cents....

hope its worth something:beer:

SPONGE DISCO BOB!!!

sounds very good to me so far...

so to clarify, right now i can use s13 lca without any other mods to obtain A/M coilovers?? If so that's super already! I've read a guy has already used TIEN adjustable camber tops and it a bolt in job..so no dramas there.. woot!

Will i be able to keep the standard engine for now if i try to use the 32 crossmember??

And lastly... i can't go 5stud without having a Rack? LOL

Don't laught at me..ok i'm still learning in my old age... i use to just drive and pay someone..but now with a wifey i kinda hafta pull me finger out and do it meself to keep the costs down haha

Rear end is easy enough i can comprehend that..

well sweet! thanks for ya 2cents it has been good!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

great info (when confirmed), wish it was around when i was looking..

can i ask where you read about the Tein adj tops?

would also love some more info about the R32 steering rack into the C210 (which is similar to C110), i think mine is a c210 powered unit for now, but would prefer a rack