IGNORED

280zx rb swap questions!

280zx@541

I have a 81 280zx non-turbo and i always was very interested in putting an rb swap into it about how much money would the swap alone be? Also the kind of parts i would need to completely do it all and do it right.

Welcome to the site. I don't think I've ever come across an RB swap on the S130 platform but it can't be too much different than swapping one into an S30 since the drivetrain was much the same back to the pumpkin. While you might find some info here, you're probably better served by the info over at hybridz.org.

Edited by =Enigma=

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME, I BEEN REGISTERED AT WWW.HYBRIDZ.ORG FOR AWHILE, THEY KNOW A LOT BUT THERE REAL RUDE ABOUT SOMEONE POSTING SIMILAR POSTS LIKE THE ONE I DID HERE. I GUESS THEY GET TIRED OF HEARING IT ALL THE TIME ABOUT SWAPS SO THEY ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY. BUT I'VE SEEN ON YOUTUBE A S130 WITH A RB20DET SWAP & RB25DET EVEN A 2JZ SWAP SO I KNOW I CAN BE DONE I WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE MY LIFE EASIER BY FINDING SOMEONE THAT'S DONE IT ALREADY.

HERE'S SOME LINKS IF YOU GUYS WANNA CHECK EM OUT

THIS ONE IS THE 280ZX WITH A RB25DET @ A DYNO

(TRIPLE CARB 280ZX)

TURBINE POWERED 280ZX

2JZ 240Z

2JZ 280ZX

• 9 months later...

hey we have be doing a few RB20DET swaps into S130's and i just wanted to mention for the right hand drive cars if you are doing a a swap and you have rack and pinion steering (series 2) get your self a oil filter re-locator kit because as we found out when we took and RB20DET from one with a steering box (series 1) and put it in the one with the rack not only did the sum need modifying but the oil filter hits the rack.

I have a 81 280zx non-turbo and i always was very interested in putting an rb swap into it about how much money would the swap alone be? Also the kind of parts i would need to completely do it all and do it right.

These are some pretty broad brush questions that are hard to get specific with. We do however have an example of an RB into an early Z at the shop if you ever get up to Salem. I doubt the owner would mind you taking a look.