IGNORED

1972 240z timing off?

Hey everyone, I set the timing on my 72 240z at 10 degrees BTDC at around 750-800 RPMs. When I look at the cap and rotor though, there is a black mark at the extreme end of the rotor(all the way ccw) and there are marks on the cap to the extreme ccw side too. Would this mean that my timing is off? The cap is getting sorta blackened so I am assuming there is a good spark. Nothing really seems out of place except that and its lacking in low end power. It might be missing a little bit? But it seems hard to tell. Should I try and change it a little? It seems like it I retard it it runs worse. I am getting the carbs tuned on the 7th so I guess we will see how that goes too.

Not only a timing light but an "advance" timing light. This will have a knob that allows you to dial in the exact number of degrees. You then turn the distributor until the pointer lines up with the 0 mark. This makes it easier to get an accurate read than using the notches on the pulley which are in 5 degree increments.