L28 HP on Dyno. - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

L28 HP on Dyno.

Featured Replies

Hi all,

Got my car dyno tuned yesterday, the jetting in the carbs was wrong and I knew it all needed some work. They ran it up, found out what jets needed changing etc on the carbs, changed the jets and fine tuned.

After all that they ran it up one more time to check the results and this chart is the result of that.

Remebering that I didn't go in and say "How much HP does this make" this was purely a tuning run and the chart that resulted.

I was wondering if these are the sort of results I should be expecting from an L28 and how it rates as far as other peoples engines go?

Also this is the HP / Torque at the wheels, how do I then convert it to HP at the flywheel? This test was done in third gear.

Thanks

OzLime240Z

post-2364-14150792203889_thumb.gif

Ozlime,

Around 150 HP plus or minus is pretty

good for a L28 at the rear wheels. To

get more then that needs a little more

dialing in and you have to do some

port matching , balancing and a few other things. What is your compression ? Get

those carbs dialed in and those nubers

should be around 150.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.