Carpet - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Carpet

Featured Replies

Nope. But I made my own carpets using the old ones as patterns and had the edges bound for less $.

It's not "stock", but it does look pretty good. Just an option to consider, especially if you don't want black carpet...

I'm doing the dame thing, bought a roll of black wool blend that is "quote" used in the BMW X5" and will be using the old for patterns, then binding at least the rear hatch area.

I have more than enough to do the car, it looks very nice and I paid $79 for it shipped. I am using POR on the floor, then doing the dynamat as well.

The whole thing is running $220, less than the price of most carpet kits I priced out.

Edited by MEZZZ

I made my own carpets using the old ones as patterns and had the edges bound at the local upholstery shop for less $.

Here's a few pics of my carpets, (and newly installed rear vinyl).

post-15388-14150807196594_thumb.jpg

post-15388-14150807197277_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks for the pics Julio, very clean work in fitting the carpet. Wish my interior was half as nice. Sometime this fall/winter I hope to start my restoration. For right now I'm working on mech/elec to fix what I know is bad, and continue accumulate parts. Then drive through the summer to eliminate whatever else I can find. Must concentrate, one step at a time (LOL).

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.