IGNORED

Q-panel help

Dan S

Hey all, need some help here, I need the right rear lower section of the q-panel the section with the bumper stamping. I have found a place in Quebec, and have called and left a message. Thier listing on the part is for 74-78, would the shape and dimensions of the panel fit or be fitted to a 72.

This is all I need before strip and paint. Maybe someone has one on a parts car that's not rusted to bad that they could neatly cut off;) I would cover all shipping.

The website of the company is www.wolfsteelbodypanels.com

Thanx for any help, Dan

post-11151-14150807154377_thumb.jpg

Later Zs did not have the bumper indent on the quarter panel. Not sure when that changed, possibly 77? So I don't know that the part they are selling will be close to correct, you'll want to get assurances from them that their part has the indent.

Dan - the photo shows the appropriate bumper indent, so I would suspect that even though it's listed as a 74-78, it will fit a '72.

That said - annother option if Charlie can' t help is http://www.smokin-geez.com/ located just north-west of Montreal in Hudson Heights, Quebec. He had several shells lying around when I visited last summer.

Regards

GWGarrard

thax for the quick replys. Zak, I was going to Charlie next, Arne thax for the info, I had a few questions to ask myself, they also if you send old they will copy, tried that already, guy closed up his and vanished, never saw the template section again. Smokin geez almost forgot about him, thax for the reminder.

Dan

The quarters made by Tabco, which are sold by BD and MSA, do not include the bumper indent. I swear, after spending money to rechrome my bumpers and modify the Tabco quarters, I'll just go without a rear bumper if I ever need to redo/repair the car again. These cars look really cool without a rear bumper if you smooth/shave the rear valence panel. My body guy was dying to do that, but I wanted it sorta close to stock. Next time that's what I'm doing.

Well guys I have spoke with Allan a Wolf Steel and he has told me that they are going to start fabricating me a lower r/r q-panel with the full bumper indent (stamping) for a 240z, as with the one pictured it ends before the wrapping around to the rear, but he said he'd extend it enough and wrap it around and shape it enough for me to do the last bit of trimming and fitting.

I talked to him for about 30 mins and he seems to be interested in making qualitiy replacment panels (tabco parts don't fit well at all, I have one and it would take much time and effort to get it to fit). I made a deal that if his panel is a good fit I would cut the same section from my parts car and send it to him so he can make them more accurate(good idea, bad idea?), for all to have available.

It should be im my hot little hands in about 2 weeks.

I know why don't I cut it out myself, I'm trying to avoid doing that.

I'll let you know how it fits when I get it, keep your fingers crossed.

Well it so happens that the tabco panel I have has a very close match for the curved section around the rear to the bumper mount, (just out test fitting and and matching against my parts car), so if I do need to add a patch I should have all the pieces I need and won't have to fabricate too much myself.

It's really to bad Tabco didn't make the effort to add about 4 inches to the height of their replacment and have the full bumper stamping, cause there is no way I have the metel shaping expertise to shape the indent that would look respectable and I'd be happy with.