i screwed up.. please help - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

i screwed up.. please help

Featured Replies

I tried to paint around my rear taillights and really messed up.. anyone know where i can get those panels?

If you're talking about the rear tail light finishers, the 3 pieces around the lights then why can't you just take them off, sand them down and repaint them the grey color?

I'm only assuming all of this because you haven't said what exactly your problem is.

  • Author

thanks i just orderd some..i tried to paint them black.. do you think they look better black or gray...if i decide to paint again it will be taken to a body shop:stupid:

Personally I don't care for the original gray. First off , the flat is difficult to clean if you by chance get any polish on it. If you do like the gray I recommend satin or gloss rather than the flat. Saying this I am not interested in keeping my Z bone stock. I shot my finishers gloss metallic black.

My Z being Yellow it's a nice contrast . If you prepare the parts well, wet sanding and masking and using grease/wax remover. You should be able to end up with a good result. I did shoot clear over the color coats. If you have black/pearl on the rest of the car , why not do the same for the finishers. Gary

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I used Duplicolor "graphite" on my finisher plates. It's a semi-gloss paint so it's not too shiney but still easy to clean.

Black or gray on the finishers both look good. Really just a matter of personal preference.

FWIW, I prefer the gray, but "to each their own".

I used duplicolor Storm Gray "Truck, van and SUV" paint on my tail light finishers and front grille. Very close to original color, easy to clean, inexpensive and readily available. The gray panel looks sweet with the gunmetal panasports!

I used the dupli-color "graphite", but it seemed too glossy so I covered it with a clear matt finnish. Tail finishers, wheel covers and grill got the same treatment. Very close to original, at least for me.

Bonzi Lon

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.