IGNORED

Another 240Z exhaust goes NLA

Arne

LOL! BBQ has been 1 of my secret weapons for years! Engine parts, sideview mirrors, everything! It only sucks if you get a can that looks a little brownish, or is too shiny. There oughtta be like a basic car riggers box, that has BBQ paint, black duct tape, brasso, grey, black, and red Permatex(silicone brand in US), charcoal lighter fluid, WD40, and a hammer and a torch.

IMO, we should be thankful that if a part becomes NLA, it should be a non-essential aftermarket "performance" muffler. Sure the vertical dual tip is cool, but it's not stock, unless you have a 432, and that's a different setup anyways...

The rest of the exhaust system for 240's is pretty much the simplest design out there. Any muffler shop should be able to make one easily, at a reasonable cost.

Does any lament the loss of the "Mulholland" suspension package? Not likely because there are other options that do the trick just fine. I think this is a valid comparison.

Still working on getting VIN 3435 restoration finished . Slow process since individual doing the work was in a bad accident. Just received an email saying Black Dragon Monza 240Z exhaust part 89-300 was discontinued and 89-301 tales its place. It appears from the illustration in the catalog that the part 301 may not work in the 240Z? I'm also using the 89-210 Header assembly which is armor plated. Does anyone have experience with how the 89-301 can be used fro the 240Z//

Wally

The 301 has horizontal tips, will not fit up into the valance cut out on a 240Z. You will either have to enlarge the opening, or have the exhaust hang much lower - below the valance.

yes, there are certainly some real limits to the part supplies for our cars: I feel the pain more than most with a 260 2+2. :mad:

But, I came to my zed from a 49 Studebaker, and a 60 Mercedes, so I am just happy that 1) the manufacturer still exists 2) it is not a $100 for a $30 part. :)

• 2 months later...
HAHA HAAAA :beer:

True that, true that no boubt, for the "period correct scene" it's great as

you suggest.

I agree with all that is said about what is said about the parts sitiution which

is why I'm trying to get some Exhaust designs of mine own made to replicate

at least some the Classic ANSA and other looks.

Trying to find the right folks who can do it for me though :D

ANNNNND Im' also in the process of getting another famouse

part replicated right now as we speak so look for that to be done by the

end the next month :cool: , and i'm not telling yet ;)

~Z~

We're double checking some fitment just to make sure we get it right,

Still be a while as final production hasn't started yet till we make sure the

prototype's right.

Keep your fingers crossed for us ^_^\

And I'm still not telling yet :tapemouth :cool:

~Z~

• 3 months later...