IGNORED

Hello. New to Z's and this forum =]

Hello everyone!

I just got my 76 280Z about a month ago, and I thought it would be nice to be able to talk with other people that have the same interest. I'm glad I got this Z and I think its in relatively good condition for its age, but I want to restore it to what I think it should be. =]

Here are some pictures:

P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

Edited by Kaien Z

Looks good, what are you wanting it to look like in the end? Are you going to make it a Hybrid Z? What is next on the list of parts or restoration factor?

I want to get 240z bumpers, fender mounted mirrors, possibly headlight covers, fix all the rust, and change the exhaust. I'll probably do more, but I'm unsure of what exactly I want to do in the future. As of right now, I want to fix and restore the car back to its original state. i.e. new window seals, window regulator, fix rust, restore suspension and bushings, etc.

I am thinking about putting in a V8, but right now that isn't a priority.

As for next things on the list, I would like to get the 240z bumpers and get rid of the current exhaust for something better, so if anyone has any suggestions for a full cat-back pictures/video/sound clips would be great. :)

Did you make it to the MSA show a couple weeks ago? There were almost 400 Zs there, lots of ideas in one place.

Unfortunately, I found out about that show a few days after it took place. Otherwise I would have liked to go.

Your car looks great, I like the first pic as well. I am a purist myself so I can relate to you wanting to restore it. I have yet to drive my 260Z, but I am really looking forward to driving with carbs again!

Looks great, I like that first shot of her at the top.
Your car looks great, I like the first pic as well. I am a purist myself so I can relate to you wanting to restore it. I have yet to drive my 260Z, but I am really looking forward to driving with carbs again!

Thanks for the comments guys! :)