IGNORED

Front end is super bouncy

have my new motor installed in my 75 280 but my front suspension is shot. You push on the front fender ever so slightly and it bounces for hours (give or take). I eventually want to spend my money on adjustable coilovers, but for right now I want something that will hold me off. I need something that will stiffin it up but still not break the bank.

At a minimum you need new front shocks and bumpstops. Parts will cost around $175 and then you need to install them yourself or pay someone else to do it.

yea the term "pay someone else to do it" doesn't register with me.

thanks for the help.

You could buy a pair of front Tokico Illuminas now and when you upgrade to coilovers you can use it for the back struts. MSA's coilover kit uses a MR2 strut application in the front and a 240Z front strut in the back. Of course there is shortening of the strut housing and machining of the strut shafts required.

For short term just go to your favorite local parts place and by a pair of the cheapest strut inserts they sell. Brand doesn't matter for a short term fix - Monroe, Gabriel, private label, what ever. Anything will be better than what you have now. You should be able to find a pair for say $80-100 or so.