IGNORED

new commercial, classic Z

Ken B.

I will keep my eye out but I recall seeing a commercial in the last few nights that looks to me to have a glimpse of an early body style Z in it. Just a partial of the Z as it turns away I think - it was a fast clip, anyone else catch this yet? I'll try to recall what the commercial was and look for it again.

thanks Montezuma, I didn't realize. Makes you wonder what kind of thinking goes into the making of such a commercial - in this case, I liked the thinking.

One of the guys that works for ExxonMobil in the marketing dept. has a 72 240Z. He bought it new and has driven it to work for the last 27 years so they snuck it in there

One of the guys that works for ExxonMobil in the marketing dept. has a 72 240Z. He bought it new and has driven it to work for the last 27 years so they snuck it in there

I've seen the advertisement on TV but didn't know about the owner working for the company. Interesting.

Here is the commercial for those that haven't seen it. Pay attention though If you blink you may miss it. Click on the one with the #06 van http://www.grid1.tv/

Edited by DatsunZsRule

Actually the car has not been restored, just cared for and garage kept since new. The motor has never been taken apart, but has had stuff replaced (Starters, Alternator, etc.)

He uses Mobil 1 and has for years. He changes the just the oil filter every 6000 miles (unscrews the old and screws on the new) and the oil every 12,000 miles. Last time I saw it (last summer) it had 317K miles.

He has had the carbs redone a few times.