IGNORED

I think my Differnetial is shot

twnygren

I just recently got my z running, while the rear was up on stands I found that when i turned the right (passenger) wheel, the left (driver) wheel would spin the opposing direction, just like all the other cars I have owned. But when I try to spin the left wheel, the right wheel stays stationary. I started the car and put it in first and both of the wheels were moving. Also the other day when the ground was wet, i could only spin my right tire, not my left. I have heard that sometimes the spider gears will give out in the diffs, what do you think it is?

I just recently got my z running, while the rear was up on stands I found that when i turned the right (passenger) wheel, the left (driver) wheel would spin the opposing direction, just like all the other cars I have owned. But when I try to spin the left wheel, the right wheel stays stationary. I started the car and put it in first and both of the wheels were moving. Also the other day when the ground was wet, i could only spin my right tire, not my left. I have heard that sometimes the spider gears will give out in the diffs, what do you think it is?

Sounds normal. Maybe a little brake drag in the right wheel which would cause it to not spin when you were up on the stands. The driveshaft would have been spinning instead. When a spider gives out you go no where, and often there are lots of bad expensive sounding noises.

Steve

Also the other day when the ground was wet, i could only spin my right tire, not my left. I have heard that sometimes the spider gears will give out in the diffs, what do you think it is?

The first part is totally normal for an open diff as doradox mentioned. To fix the one wheel peel, you'll need a limited slip.