IGNORED

How to convert TOE Alignment from mm to Degrees?

PATZ

Ok, to all you math wizzards out there, i dont have the time to do the math on Converting TOE alignment in mm./inches to DEGREES(and i am poor at trig).

I just came from the neighborhood alignment shop, and they can only do my TOE in DEGREES, NOT mm. or inches! So anybody know the 240Z TOE specs in DEGREES for Front and Rear? THANK YOU!

patrick

1973 240Z

I hope I am not going off on a tangent here but as I think I remember from long ago, there are 6400 mils in circle = 360 degrees.

If you know the metric equivalent, then divide by 17.77 to get the correct reading in degrees.

OR

Somebody can save us the arithmetic if they know the proper imperial reading.

Ok, to all you math wizzards out there, i dont have the time to do the math on Converting TOE alignment in mm./inches to DEGREES(and i am poor at trig).

I just came from the neighborhood alignment shop, and they can only do my TOE in DEGREES, NOT mm. or inches! So anybody know the 240Z TOE specs in DEGREES for Front and Rear? THANK YOU!

patrick

1973 240Z

Toe angle = Inverse sine of ( toe distance/outside diameter of tire)

Use the same measuring units for toe and diameter.

Steve

Edited by doradox
Diameter

THANK YOU ALL for the responses!

One of these days i`ll try the math just to maybe get a better understanding/appreciation of how it all works. But for now i`ll stick with the Conversion Calculator at the HybridZ site courtesy of jmortensen (thanks guy!)

patrick