Just bought a '78 280z (pics inside) - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Just bought a '78 280z (pics inside)

Featured Replies

Your car looks SWEET! Nice touch with the mirrors and the early bumpers. The car looks like it's in pretty good (great) shape, inside and out. What kind of plans do you have for it?

asr

  • Author
Your car looks SWEET! Nice touch with the mirrors and the early bumpers. The car looks like it's in pretty good (great) shape, inside and out. What kind of plans do you have for it?

asr

Yea, The car seems to be in great shape. Looks good and runs great but I still need to make sure that it has NO rust. I'm going to start there and then just slowly build it. Maybe do a swap in the future but I'm not sure.:ermm:

The previous owner had put the mirrors on but I'm not a big fan of them. I will take them off and replace them with regular side mirrors.

I'm in no rush and will take my time with this project. (by no rush I mean I'm BROKE! ha ha)

Thanks for the comment.

Very nice. I love the BRE spoiler and bumper swap. Welcome to the club!

Congrats! Very nice looking car. Looks like a 240z steering wheel as well. Another thing you might want to fix is that muffler. Looks like they went with a center exit and angled it down to fit the opening.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
Congrats! Very nice looking car. Looks like a 240z steering wheel as well. Another thing you might want to fix is that muffler. Looks like they went with a center exit and angled it down to fit the opening.

Ha ha...I didn't even notice that. ROFL I've just been so excited about the car that I just plan missed it.but yea, I am def. going to fix that.

If that muffller is center/offset you should be able to just have it removed, turned around and remounted.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.