IGNORED

Hi, Im new... Looking for help!

Hi all,

My name is James and Im from Sarasota, Florida. I drive a slightly modified 1985 shelby charger turbo. I recently got back from the 2 hours of sebring race and saw a 240Z that REALLY caught my eye. I have always been fans of these cars so I have started looking for one...

I have around $1200 to spend. Can I find a decent Z car for that much?

Also what are some good websites for information and performance modifications and write ups?

Thanks

I've been seeing quite a few Z's popping up on FL Craigslist lately, so you might want to take a look there first. I would check the classifieds on this site as well, as there are quite a few Z's for sale under $1000.

If you DO find a 240 for around that price, it will likely be a rolling chassy, non-running, or need loads of work. You might have better luck looking for 280z for that amount of money, although that amount is still very low for any model S30.

http://www.hybridz.org/ is a good Z performance modification forums.

Edited by mikewags

Hi all,

My name is James and Im from Sarasota, Florida. I drive a slightly modified 1985 shelby charger turbo. I recently got back from the 2 hours of sebring race and saw a 240Z that REALLY caught my eye. I have always been fans of these cars so I have started looking for one...

I have around $1200 to spend. Can I find a decent Z car for that much?

Also what are some good websites for information and performance modifications and write ups?

Thanks

$1200 is not going to go vary far with a 240 . You can find them but they will need a lot of work to even make one safe to drive. You are MUCH better off holding off untill you have more to devote to your quest. 8 years ago you could find them but doubtful now. Gary :-(