extra light - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

extra light

Featured Replies

The mysterious part thread inspired me to ask. I took out my center console. To sand and paint and when i did i found an extra light underneath. With nowhere to put it that i see. If i had to guess i would say it was for the ashtray. But i see nowhere for it to go.

What year? I think the later 280Z's had a ashtray light ('77-'78?) I know i've seen a blue-green lense on a 280Z ashtray before, so the receptical must be on the underside of the console?

  • Author

OK it is a 72 and it has the 2 wires so i guess it don't plug into something metal.

John,

is your car, or did your car start life as an automatic?

The shifter in an automatic had a light that took care of the indicator-all USA harnesses had the pigtail, but only the actual automatic cars got the light assembly that plugs into it.

Will

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I don't know that is a good question. It has a 5 speed in it write know and a shift boot. Every thing looks stock but i don't know. I will do some research. I cant imagine an automatic zcar.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.