IGNORED

valve springs

Tyrone

I am currently in the process of replacing my L28 N42 valve bushings. I was wondering, since I'm going to have the valve cover off, where I might be able to buy some new stock valve springs. Also, would I need to replace the valve cover seal? And, after I replace the valve springs, do I have to replace the valve retainers and lash pads as well?:ermm:

I am currently in the process of replacing my L28 N42 valve bushings. I was wondering, since I'm going to have the valve cover off, where I might be able to buy some new stock valve springs. Also, would I need to replace the valve cover seal? And, after I replace the valve springs, do I have to replace the valve retainers and lash pads as well?:ermm:

"valve bushings", are you talking about valve guides ?

"new stock valve springs:", Nissan ?

"valve cover seal" maybe, depends if you wreck the one on it when you take the valve cover off

"valve retainers", I haven't on the few heads I have done the seats on

"lash pads", only if you change the height of the valve, but if you check the wipe pattern, it will tell you, if you need to change the thickness.

heres a link with some info on wipe pattern

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113441&highlight=lashpad+wipe+pattern

Nigel