Restoring door panels - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Restoring door panels

Featured Replies

The board for the door panels are in great shape but the vinyl is not. I was wondering if anyone has gone and just bought there own vinyl and covered the door panels themselves? If so how did it turn out?

  • Author

Thanks Ron. Those door panels look sweet. I guess you just need to take your time and make it what you want. Ive never done something like this before but it should come out ok. It would be nice to get some step by step pics on doing something like this or even a video.

These are a couple I have found.

These guys don't have pictures up yet, but you can call and get description:

http://www.datsunstore.com/index.php/cPath/1_105

These guys have pictures:

http://www.datsunrestore.com/catalog.html

I believe they are both pre-cut, but are not press molded to fit the depressions in the door panel without working it with plenty of adhesive.

It's funny you posted this because I was just looking for replacement vinyl today.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.