weather stripping - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

weather stripping

Featured Replies

the weather stripping in my 1970 240 desperately needs to be replaced (mainly the inner rear hatch) but motorsport wants to charge me 82 bucks for it. my questions are, is there a cheaper place I could find it? and would the cheap stuff from JC Whittney do the job right?

thanks,

nick

I don't know if you can find a cheaper one somewhere else. Motorsports sells factory Nissan parts (OEM) and they fit properly. My philosophy is "Buy cheap, Buy twice".

Contact Andy Russell at z@datsundude.com

or at: 480-217-7322

orj at Z Cars of Arizona, at 480-816-8668

All his parts are brand new OEM or the high quality replacement parts. I've not been disappointed yet.

Even his USED parts are high quality.

He's also told me that he can usually BEAT MSA pricing.

I don't get anything from this other than helping to keep him in business.

Trust me you won't be disappointed with his prices nor his quality.

  • Author

thanks for the support, but I think that I am going to have to bite the bullit on this one,

thanks,

nick

  • 3 months later...

Actually MSA sells body gaskets by Precision Mfg., which is the same company that we buy from. We have most of the gaskets in stock too. The factory Nissan inner hatch gasket sells for somewhere's in the neighborhood of 130.00. I haven't sold a factory hatch gasket in years, because the ones from Precision are just as good, and about half the price. FYI, this is my first post to this forum. Z man of Washington

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.