IGNORED

windscreen availability

khughes

Hi Guys,

Unfortuantely i managed to drop the bonnet on the front windscreen of the GT the other weekend when i was moving parts to it (of course it happened after spending 2 weeks of moving the windscreen around carefully, and it being the last spare one i had!).

So i went on the hunt for a new windscreen. I first rang up windscreen's o'brian.. and they hummed and harred and carried on about how rare they are now because of the age of the vehicle etc.. and eventually i got quoted a price of AU$588 installed (or $400 just for the glass)..

i tried a few other places, and most didn't have stock or couldn't get (or want to) one in.

Finally i took a chance and rang the NRMA's club assist number.. they gave me a price of $350 (more reasonable) and said they would go off and get me a supply only price. got a phone call back saying they couldn't get a hold of one for me :( i mentioned that windscreen o'brians was my only choice then, and the guy said to leave it with him, and he would see what he could do.

1hr later he rang me back with a price of $270 supplied or $309 fitted (for an NRMA member). it was ready to be picked up the next day

so the good news is they are still available, you just have to hunt a little for them, but just don't take the first excorberant price you are quoted!!

and now the GT has a new windscreen!!

no, luckily not :)

i was trying to bolt the bonnet on the car one handed, got one side in, then it pivoted and of course one corner hit the screen :)

i had only just placed the windscreen back in the car.. typical!

didn't think of novus.. i did a search here, but it didn't come up

• 1 year later...