IGNORED

Window Regulators

srbigbutt

Ok, I need some quick help identifying which Window Regulators are the same. I've been looking for a driver side window regulator for my 1975 280z. I know for sure that the 77-78 are different and that the 70-73 are different.

So I have someone who has a set from a 74 260z and he also has a set from a 70-73 and he has confirmed that it has different mounting points. So is the 74-76 the same?? I'm having a real hard time finding these.

• 1 year later...

Im having a similar problem. I have a 78 coupe but the drivers side regulator is from a 78 2+2. works fine but I cant get the window crank to mount. the opening in the handle is just a tiny bit smaller than it needs to be. do I have a bum window crank or are these regulators really different? I hate trying to find a regulator if the problem is the crank but the parts catalog says the handles for the coupe and 2+2 are the same part. Any one else had this problem???? someone is willing to sell me a 76 coupe regulator. will this fit my 78?

I'm pretty sure you are going to need a 77-78 coupe regulator. I know for sure there are atleast 3 different ones for the coupe. 70-73, 74-76, and 77-78. Also be carefull because the doors can be swapped. So you can have a 75 280z with a 77 door. Happened to me when I was looking for one. Ended up using one off a 74 260z.

$125 seems a little steep, unless its a NOS part. Check ebay or post in the wanted ads. Ebay has a set for sale for $85.

Does the '78 have the rubber guide wheel that I have heard others talking about.

I am about to get into this on my Z and wanted to be forwarned. Also I cannot find one on the Microfiche. Chime in everyone.