Inner Shift Boot? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Inner Shift Boot?

Featured Replies

I have installed an 83 5 speed into my 70 Z. I have read in previous threads about an "inner shift boot" that protects the top of the tranny from dirt, etc. Mine does not have this, is it supposed to? I never saw one on my original 4 speed, so not familiar with it. This is not the inner rubber boot that goes under the shift boot over the console, but one underneath it.

If there is one, what is the part number? Would like to order one!

Thanks!

Your 4 speed, being a type A trans, wouldn't have had one. The part number is 32862-E9300.

  • Author

Thanks, Stephen!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.