IGNORED

EOI on my 240K GT coupe??

khughes

Hi guys,

i am afraid i am faced with a really tough descision.. i just bought a 1972 240Z (yes.. Z.. not K :)). considering the prices 240Z's fetch here in OZ, i think i managed to grab a huge bargain!!

My problem is, that i need to make some room and concentrate on one project at a time.. i can only work on my RB26 240K, and i know that realistically.. if i have a Z waiting in the wings.. that will be the next project.. so i am just not realistically going to get to restore my 240K GT any time soon (and it would be a shame to leave it sitting out in a field for the next 8+ years)

So i am faced with selling here.. tuff, because i know how rare the GT is, and i really had high hopes of restoring it to it's original glory.

so.. if you anyone is interested in taking it on and buying it from me, pm me!

This is a real 01/73 240K GT (as per compliance plate.. not GL) with very low build number (280!), it was bought as a shell, and then i bought another 240K coupe to make up the rest of the parts.. basically i am selling the GT with the majority of parts that you will need (i can't be sure they are all there though).. it comes with a 2.4L engine (not original, but ran in the last car), 5 speed gearbox along with what is meant to be a GT intake manifold, and a 4 speed manual (as the GT's came in 4 sp).. the car is rolling, and handbrake works ,but is not drivable so you will need a trailer

it comes with all Glass, most trim (i only say most as i am not 100% sure.. there are doubles of some though from my parts car), good seats (front and rear), a couple of centre consoles, newly covered dash, A/C unit in the car (do not have the engine side of it though), i have some replica GT badges from ebay, though the door cards are a little abused though and it needs carpet

body looks pretty straight, but there is rust in the usual places, and some in the boot

i am after AU$4000 for it, as is.. if it doesn't sell for that, i will hang on to it, and put it away for a rainy day :)

i will get some pics hopefully tomorrow

Edited by khughes

i thought heavily about it.. but i just won't have enough time to do it.. ideally i need to get rid of one of my cars (either sell or send it on a long country holiday) by the end of the month. besides.. i still hope someone will restore her to her original unmolested glory

so the GT is for sale :), just getting all the bits together for it now.

also, on a sidenote.. we made our own 240 convertible today.. will post some pics tonight ;)

here is the Z, hopefully picking it up on the long weekend (it obviously needs some work!):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DATSUN-240Z_W0QQitemZ330298978717QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item330298978717&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Edited by khughes

very good from what i can see with the exception of 2 of the rear seat bolts, they will require rewelding in some new ones.

one i got the car, i quickly POR'd the majority of the inside floor pan to stop any possible rusting while it sat around

only because i used the rear finisher panel off the parts car.. i actually have a better panel in the garage though..

i highly doubt it will go to the middle east, they only seem interested in the sedans.. to be honest, i would probably get better hits if i list it on ebay.. but i am hoping it will go to someone here (with the K passion!), or i will keep her

i have some of the repo GT front and rear badges for it somewhere too

Interesting that they want the sedans, I sold a registered running sedan C110 to some arabs for $400ish back in 02.

I should've asked more for it.

If I had the spare cash I'd grab it but I'm about to buy my first house. Now I've thought about getting a spare datsun I'd probably get a Z like you instead of another K.

Interesting that they want the sedans, I sold a registered running sedan C110 to some arabs for $400ish back in 02.

I should've asked more for it.

If I had the spare cash I'd grab it but I'm about to buy my first house. Now I've thought about getting a spare datsun I'd probably get a Z like you instead of another K.

Aren't 'Z' harder to find than 240K, the only one I've seen in my area is a 280z, with those crappy removable windows thingies.

a nice 240Z would be wicket.. plenty of after market stuff for them, from the states..

Nigel