lights out - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

lights out

Featured Replies

I have a 1978 280z with an issue with the passenger headlight is dim and the dash lights and tail lights do not work I have checked the bulbs and fuse block and still not lights any ideas?

Have you replaced the fuses? They can look good (unblown) but still will not pass current. Test each one with an ohm meter and clean off all corrosion on the clips that hold the fuses. That might solve your problem.

Frank

I had the same problem with my 1972. The fuse looked great, but it was bad.

Start checking all your grounds. And check the connections at the switches, in the steering column area. The headlights and parking lights are 2 seperate systems so that tells me it's a supply or ground issue.

Dave.

One other thing, your post will be read. but it's not a good idea to ask the same question in multiple threads. Just FYI.

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Just clean the clip and replace the fuse (make sure that you do the right one) it's just to easy to do not to try it. If the other lights did work, and now they don't (for no apparent reason). I'd bet on the fuses.

It was my problem (it was actually just so dirty it lost continuity)... Before I replaced the fuse, I'm not so happy to say that I must have traced every wire/ground/ connector in the entire car. My wiring is great now! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.