MSD Blaster Coil help - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

MSD Blaster Coil help

Featured Replies

hello, I just got a Mallory Unilite distributor and also purchased a MSD Blaster 2 coil. I was wondering, if I need to install the ballast resistor (MSD part number: PN8203)

According to the Summit Racing Equipment site, the Ballast Resistor should be included and used.

MSD-8203

  • Author

Do only connect the red wire from the distributor, or does there have to be another wire connected, like the starter?

Has anyone tried the Blaster 2 on a 78? research shows it has the right resistance and could be considered a 'performance upgrade' to the stock coil.

thxZ

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.