IGNORED

280z drain tubes

mlaw7

My 1978 280z coupe has just been completely repainted in the original 301 bronze color with undercoating on the underside, inner fenders and wheel wells. I'm waiting on the clips for the inner-to-outer fender seals, and then the body shop will be ready to remount the fenders, extensions, bumpers, grilles, hood, cowl, etc.

Before they do this, I would like to do everything possible to make sure water and other foreign materials drain from the body as they are supposed to.

I'd like to check and clean the drain tubes (at least I think that's what they are) on each inner fender. What about the cowl? Any other areas that should be checked?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

When I stripped my 240z down, I took the cowl off, removed the wiper bag and cleaned all of that area out. I used a snake-thing and got far back in there to the drain holes and made sure they were free of junk. I removed a handful of leaves and crap out of one. Then I used POR-15 and painted it all in that area. I then sprayed a paintable rocker-guard coating in there and it stuck to the POR nicely.