finally back on the road... - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

finally back on the road...

Featured Replies

Here are some pics of my car after I finally got it off the jackstands and back on the road. While I had it down doing the brake work, I went ahead and shot another coat of pearl orange and cleared it. I also painted the wheels with dupli-color smoke gray metallic wheel paint.

post-10667-1415080515806_thumb.jpg

post-10667-1415080515858_thumb.jpg

post-10667-1415080515899_thumb.jpg

That looks great. I hope you get to drive it a bit before winter hits!

dude thats the sickest most meanest z i ever sat eyes on. thats like 80% sexier than my wife and shes sexy!!! great job. check out my backyard special 280zx. it isnt as clean as yours but im working on it

Haha, the swastikas aren't ever to my taste, nor are kits, but it's the right color and looks smooth as hell... I'd love that car. What are the plans for the rear bumper?

I'd continue the mesh motif in the upper grille to make things match up. Looks great ;)

Dude the car looks sweet man! I love the color and the wheels, matches up pretty well.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

That pearl orange paint really goes well with the wheel color. Nice work!! How does the Dupli-Color smoke gray metallic wheel paint compare to the color of the tail light finishers? In the pic it looks close.

Maybe it's just the photo but, IMO, the OEM finisher color is lighter.

  • Author

I really, really appreciate all the kind words you guys have... I have been working on this car for more than 3 years now and its still got a ways to go. ( you can't see the interior in the pictures ;-) ) Also I've done all the work myself. as for the wheels they're really not my favorites either but I wanted 15's and I had them on another car.. the wheel color is actually a little different than the tail light panel but I do have plans to paint it to match... I agree with you 100% Danglybanger I want to put the mesh grill up top too. I just haven't figured out a way that will look right yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.