Got an R180 (4.11) - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Got an R180 (4.11)

Featured Replies

I just scored an R180 w/ 4.11 gearing in great shape, very tight. I can't wait to drive it again when the long Massachusetts winter ends around April.:sick: I think the jump from the stock 3.36 to 4.11 will have it performing like it should.:love: I want to do a 5-speed swap at the same time if anyone in the MA/RI area has one for sale. Thanks.

I did this swap in the Spring. I also have an '83 motor and 5spd in there. It made a HUGE difference! The car really digs out of the corners now. The acceleration is great.

Marty

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.