IGNORED

Hazard light switch location on 77-78 280

mclark999

The dash on my 280 was partially (mostly) disassembled when I bought it. Could someone post a series of closeup pictures moving from right to left to illustrate the locations of all the switches?

In particular, I have no idea where the hazard switch is, what wraps around the steering wheel and what is in the dash center.

Thank you

I'll look to see if I can find a file.

I'm attaching a picture of the center stack. Is the red thing under the radio the hazard switch? It just looks like a light.

Found the owners manuals and factory service manuals at this link:

http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html

Flasher switch is the right one of two switches on the center console to the left of the shift knob.

THanks for the idea of looking for an owners manual. THe link above has them for several years of Z cars.

post-18109-14150805019915_thumb.jpg

Edited by mclark999

The two switches right in front of the shifter: left-rear window defogger, right-hazzard flasher. To the right of those, there's a larger opening roughly twice the size of the switches. It's usually covered with a plastic blanking plate. That spot was used for an optional antenna switch to allow the use of the stock semi automatic antenna when an non factory radio was installed. The two lights just in front of them are indicators/warning lights: left-rear defogger, right-fasten seat belts. In between those is the AC compressor control switch for the dealer installed AC system. Your car might not have that so there could just be a plastic blanking plate in that space.