Dave "Big" Deal RIP - History - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Dave "Big" Deal RIP

Featured Replies

I have heard from a couple of sources that Dave Deal passed away October 14th after battling cancer. Dave was a local celebrity, as I would run into Dave at a local breakfast spot from time to time. A quiet unassuming man, Dave’s artwork had a voice of it’s own.

Dave Deal‘s most recent work involved the characters for Pixar’s movie Cars. Dave was also the designer for numerous iconic logo’s including Armor All, and his caricatures of cars in the 70’s and 80’s for numerous publications. A friend of Peter Brock, Dave had done a number of caricatures for Peter including his cannonball run effort and of the BRE 510 #46.

For those of you old enough perhaps you will remember Deal’s wheels from the 70’s. Dave collaborated with Revell to design and produce these models. Some are back in production today.

Dave was a friend to the Datsun community and a number of his caricatures included Datsun Z cars.

Dave will be missed.

http://www.bigdealart.com/index.cfm?Cat=1

Ron

I love his style. Sorry to hear about his passing.

I concur, the style is very attractive. Great artist. RIP.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.