75-76 door panel to 77-78 door? - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

75-76 door panel to 77-78 door?

Featured Replies

Like the title says, will door panels from a 75-76 fit on a 77-78 door?

Thanks,

Joe

No, the lock pull is not in the same location and I believe there are other differences as well. The lock pull moved forward in '77.

I thought the lock pull moved forward with the introduction of the large bumper 74.5 260Z.

No, the lock pull move coincides with the redesigned latch mechanisms in '77. I learned this back in the mid-80's when I tried to swap a '77 door panel onto my '76. My '72 and '76 panels would swap, though were different due to the door pulls.

  • Author

Thanks guys. Next question, is it possible to dye tan door panels black? I have one good tan passenger door panel and I need a black one.

Joe

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.