Powder blue air cleaner correct? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Powder blue air cleaner correct?

Featured Replies

I have a 240z, manufacture date 11/70. There is an blue air cleaner with no bottom snorkel for sale on Ebay. Seller says it is for early 240 z's. I haven't seen one like this before. Is this correct for my car?

I've heard that some of the replacement airboxes from the dealer parts department were blue. But the originals (here in the States, at least) were all orange. Also, I believe that your 11/70 would have come with the snorkel and Summer/Winter flap.

You're probably referring to the one being auctioned by my buddy Blake (Blax240). That is a factory replacement 240Z air cleaner. I believe that 11/70 is early enough for that to fit it but, like Arne said, it's not the original.

I was wondering abou the blue airboxes I have in storage as well. Thanks for clearing that up!

[edit]

Mine don't have that crazy hump in it like this one has, what's that from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z-Dual-Carb-Air-Cleaner-Assembly_W0QQitemZ320306209081QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320306209081&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Edited by Mat M

I believe that's a 73 240Z/74 260Z air cleaner.

Edited by sblake01

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

So at a judged car show (like a national Z convention) would you lose points for having a blue air cleaner that is otherwise correct for the manufacture date of your car? I thought the rule was that a newer Nissan replacement part could be used without losing points, so would that still be considered correct, or does it need to be the original orange one?

-Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.