high-rpm stumble - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

high-rpm stumble

Featured Replies

  • Author

Like I said, I'm not sure if the engine is still revving while the tach is strying to catch up, or whether the tach accurately reflects the RPMs... it goes by so fast :( I suppose running through 2nd and 3rd gears would help to diagnose this, but I have to go about 20 miles from home until there's a non-rural highway :(

  • 2 weeks later...

My tach did the same thing. Slowly got worse until it quit one day. Had it worked on at a tach repair shop $40 bucks later she's all together and working again.

  • Author

hmmmm... I'll keep that in mind... $40 at a generic "tach repair shop"? I don't know if we have any of those around here... :-)

Look in your local phone book in the automotive section, you should find something in the speedometer or electronic repair section.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.