IGNORED

Carbon fiber bonnet

Mastadd240K

• 1 month later...

i dont read japaneese but this site is aparrently where my friend got hers from... i'd love someone to do a full translation like costs etc from here and we might be able to consider a group buy

http://www.restored.jp/gc110parts.htm

A page about a c110 they restored

http://www.restored.jp/newpage44.htm

hope this helps :)

once again... could someone here please help decifer :)

where are u in aust? would u consider looking into buying at the same time as me so we can try and save on post?

i guess, but your in brissy and im in Melbourne it will probably cost more to post them from either end of Australia, than from japland, but will certainly look into it, im waiting for the yen to fall or the aus $$ to go back up near 80,000 or 90,000 yen, that would be sweet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

surely it would be cheaper to get someone here in aus to make a set out of a good bonnet.. there is a place called alfa motorsport fibreglass down in melbourne.. they charge around $490 for a Z bonnet in fibreglass.. or around $1k in carbon fibre

maybe if someone can take them a bonnet to make a mould from?

any chance you can contact them and ask? i would be in for 1 maybe 2 (depending on prices of course, but i would imagine them to be similar to Z prices) in fibreglass.

When i asked about CF bonnets for the Z they said they could do them but the weight loss was negligable and not worth the extra money.

I have been searching on the legality of FG panels and havn't been able to find much (other than 1 reference to having to be pre-71, but that was a bit of a throw away line).. does anyone know for certain?

Yeah I can give them a call. I can pretty confidently say that the legality of these bonnets is a bit shady. Spending most of my time on the SAU forums we have this question come up all the time and the answer was always no - they can no be used legaly - meh :)

Regardless of this I'll be using one, the chances of it being a problem on these types of cars are slim to none. I wouldn't imagine they'd be a highly targeted car by the TMU.

Edited by Adzmax

OK that was really easy!

Approx $560 for a hinged bonnet

We need 6 bonnets if we don't want to pay mould setup otherwise we are looking at around $1500 for the setup.

We need to suppy a good condition bonnet for the molds - eg no rust holes and the trim needs to be removed from the front. He said the bonnet would need to be bogged and prepped as if it was ready to be sprayed. Both mine have some holes in the front but the one on my car is bogged and sprayed so maybe I could just use that as I'm about to pull it off the road.

Can anyone tel me how the chrome connects to the front of the bonnet?