IGNORED

Places to buy Corbeau seats?

Fun_in_my_z

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

When I bought my seats, I found a Corbeau dealer near where I live, 3SX Performance. Their website is 3sx.com, and they are having a sale on shipping or something right now. I checked the price on their website for the TRS that you are looking for and it is $40 cheaper per seat. When I ordered the seats, they had Corbeau drop ship them straight to my door (since nobody actually stocks racing seats). I was happy with the service and price from the guys at 3SX, but you can do your own search for the cheapest price. On a side note, I saw the Mitsubishi they own that currently holds the World Record in it's class for front-wheel drive 1/4 mile drag. Pretty cool.

IMPORTANT: I bought the CR-1 seats, which look similar dimentionally to the ones you are looking at, that are going in my '76. I bought the brackets from Corbeau that are supposed to be for 75/76 280Zs. Not only do the brackets not bolt in directly, but they sit a couple inches high on the metal floorpan Datsun seat frames. With this added height combined with the thick padding on my CR-1s, it didn't fit properly! First, it was too high to sit in with a helmet. Second, the bulge in the transmission tunnel on the driver's side stopped the seat from mounting where it should in relation to the steering rack (and also didn't get the shoulder bolster out of the way of the door), so be very careful!

I am commited to making these fit, so I am having the tunnel bulge cut out and the metal frames on the floorpan cut down to bring the seat into alignment that it will need to be. I used my old sliding brackets from my OEM seats because they didn't add so much height when placed on the floorpan framework.

Sooo, if your seats don't give you as much trouble as mine did, I have the brackets from Corbeau that have never been used and I will sell them to you cheap if you need them. BTW, Motorsport's price on these brackets are also much higher than the price from 3SX. ( I'm not trying to diss M.A.-I've spent thousands with them, I just know you are looking for the best possible price) But I will beat both, since I already have them and have had them much too long to return for a refund.

Hope this info helps.

Oh, I forgot to tell you....

When I was at the bodyshop fitting the seats, they had my friend's 240Z there that just happened to have Sparcos in them. They put them in my car for a fitment test and....plopped right in as if they were made for the Z!!

I don't know which model they were, but I know Sparco seats are at least triple the price of Corbeau seats. So, I guess what I saved in the price of the seat, I am paying for the metal fab work to make them fit!

It's a cruel world!

Edited by Nazgul280