IGNORED

Is locktite good on suspesion Nuts and Bolts?

nhoddino

Hello All,

I got to working on th 74.5 260 2+2 I got a few months ago. I decided I needed to replace the springs and struts. So I bought he poly bushing set from black dragon and went to town. To my horror several of the bolts holding on things like the transvers link and even one of the half shafts were only finger tight. GOOD THING I Broke it down when I did and stopped driving it! My questions is this. Is her any reason I shouldn't use the locktite on all of the stationary bolts when remounting them? I am actually hopping to be done today or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Nick

too late. I used locktite on most all of them. I was shcocked when I found that some of my bolts were out halfway and worn almost in half. Also on my halfshaft bolts a few came of with only my one finger turnong them. It was a good thing I got under it when I did... I would hate to think of the damage had the bracket holding the transverse link had finished couming the rest of the way out, or the halfshafts had fallen off on the road.