IGNORED

Rewinds hit calipers!

Got my Rewinds today and they just touch the brake caliper which prevents them from seating. I measured and measured and it looks like I will have to grind about a tenth of an inch off of the outside of the caliper just where it touches the rim. The larger brake caliper will have to be ground at the point of the raised "rib" just a bit. I called MSA and they confirm that this is appropriate. Anyone else have this experience?

Jim, I moved this to a separate thread, where it can be more easily found by others later.

I assume you have the Toyota 4X4 calipers on your car? If so, slightly grinding the caliper is one option, the other solution would be a thin (3 mm or 1/8") spacer on the front.

Edited by Arne

Thanks, My apologies for taking that thread astray. I was on a roll and looking for a solution. I appreciate the advice about the spacer and caliper grinding. As little as needs to be removed, I believe I will hit the grinder tonight and then re-paint the calipers. I believe removing as little as .012 will give me clearance and another few thousanths will give me peace of mind. As always, thanks again.