Horn Help. - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Horn Help.

Featured Replies

I just purchased and restored a 240z steering wheel for my 75 280z. Over all it came it pretty nice. I'm having one issue though. The steering wheel did not come with a horn pad and I am trying to use my 280z horn pad I just got. I'm able to get everything mounted but the horn doesn't stop.

Its wierd because I know that no metal is touching but it still goes off. Even without the horn pad it goes off. Its like the screws are magically touching metal that I can't see. Think that if I just get new screws it would work? When I take all the screws out it works fine.

Here are some pics...

Before...

img00317xs7.jpg

copyof240zsteeringwheelhf8.jpg

After...

img00355mi0.jpg

I did the same thing in my 78, except I didn't put the horn back together. Reason being, the mechanism to make everything work right, wasn't the same. and instead of forcing things together in ways they dont' want to, I decided to just pop the 280's horn pad onto the wheel and call it a day. One day I'll fix it, but that's not important right now for me

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.