IGNORED

nostalgia racing video

whamo

I would give my left ball joint to be able to attend these events. Has anyone here had the pleasure of attending both? I remember our own Mr Thomas and his '71 GT-R were attendees (last year?) at one of them. For me, I imagine it would be sensory overload:knockedou:knockedou

Has anyone here had the pleasure of attending both? I remember our own Mr Thomas and his '71 GT-R were attendees (last year?) at one of them.

The GT-R was only invited to the 2008 'Press Day' for the Festival of Speed, which was held back in May. It didn't take part in the actual Festival, and even if it had it would almost certainly have been limited to 'display only'.........

Still, we had a great time at the Press Day. It was like a mini-Festival on its own. The GT-R even made it onto the short video clip for the Press Day: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/festivalofspeed/The-Action_Press-Day.aspx

....If you look closely you can get a couple of very short glimpses.

Both the Festival of Speed ( July ) and the Revival Meeting ( Sept. ) are worth visiting if you have never been before, and are quite different events to each other. However, I must say that the Festival is becoming increasingly corporate and the Revival might need to reduce the Austin Powers-like activities for fear of becoming a parody instead of a tribute........

post-2116-141508039415_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150803942083_thumb.jpg

Hello Alan. Thanks for the link. You're right, the glimpse is far too short!

Nice photos though. I don't know how the GT-R could look any better.... but I'm sure it will :bunny:

That was only the Press Day you say? So why at that and not the actual event hmm? still, it did look like fun.

it would almost certainly have been limited to 'display only'.........

Without anything to base it on, I thought the festival of speed was a display event?! Ahh, now just thinking about it and recalling the video in the link at the start of this thread, there was a bit of real racing of sorts..just put it down to "oldtimers disease":( Getting older beats the pants off the alternative though:cheeky:

Have you altered the exhaust path on the Skyline? Or does it sound that good through the full system? I can't make out any pipes in front of the left rear....yet?

I'm a bit revved up about the C10's at the moment. two local friends have there own nearly ready to roll, I got to take a close look at a '71 GT with a Nissan Prince dealer fitted Nagoya Mikuni kit, and mine just travelled ~1500 Km like it was a Cessna. Didn't miss a beat. (end of hijack!)

post-6441-14150803944288_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150803944706_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150803944881_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150803945927_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150803946518_thumb.jpg

That was only the Press Day you say? So why at that and not the actual event hmm? still, it did look like fun.

Long story, but suffice to say that the Nissan UK press office invited the KPGC10 to the Goodwood Press Day - where it was received very well I think, and lined-up next to a new R35 GT-R - but it was not part of their plans for the Festival of Speed itself, where the 'star of the show' as far as business was concerned was the R35.

Nissan's press office in Japan are insisting that the R35 is not to be promoted alongside the old Skyline models, despite inheriting the GT-R badge and all the history that goes with that...... It's a curious situation, for sure.

Have you altered the exhaust path on the Skyline? Or does it sound that good through the full system? I can't make out any pipes in front of the left rear....yet?

With no noise limits for the Press Day, I decided to take off the full stainless system and replace it with a 'worksy' looking twin pipe side-exit with no silencing. Didn't have enough time to shape the ends of the pipes up under the sill properly, but it sounded quite nice. Since then I've shaped the pipes a bit better, but it pivots down at the end under power so I need to make an extra brace for it.

.....I got to take a close look at a '71 GT with a Nissan Prince dealer fitted Nagoya Mikuni kit, and mine just travelled ~1500 Km like it was a Cessna. Didn't miss a beat. (end of hijack!)

Sneaky re-branding of the standard Sanyo Sports Kit by Nissan Prince Nagoya there! How nice to see such an original period-look car too. Love it!

I've seen those Yanase tags on old European cars in Japan before, but never on a Skyline. Does the owner know the story behind it?

The numbers of C10 Skylines here in England have just taken a massive jump, as a friend has just imported a really nice GC10. That makes it just three here now, as far as I am aware. Not enough.

Cheers!

Alan T.