IGNORED

Body Parts, Japanese Shop

Noddle

I got a quote from restored for the carbon fibre front guards and it wasn't pretty, it went something like this

Hello Andrew,

We are the Australian agents for Restored. We can supply the full carbon front guards for $1735 including GST plus $400 freight. There is another version with a carbon top layer and fibreglass underneath which is $1500 for the pair. Please contact us if you would like to order.

Ben Ellis

OTOMOTO Pty Ltd

45 Mary Pde Rydalmere NSW 2116

Ph. (02) 9898 1655

Fx. (02) 9898 1254

www.otomoto.com.au

We need to all get together and get some frp guards and bonnets made up, I know we've spoken about it before but we need action:eek: and cash too I suppose, does anyone know what it would cost to get moulds made up?

i guess if you were keen, someone like slidewize could buy them from the restored (for AU$714ish) and throw them in a container.. i am sure it would be a lot cheaper than $2100 for a set!!!

Don't get me thinking Kent!:finger: you know how much $$ I've spent on mine so far..... in saying that If I could fit std guards to my K I would probably have emailed sidewize by now but the box sections in the sills would stop the guards from fitting. Carbon Fibre guards and bonnet would be wicked but I'd have to sadly hack them up to fit.

It seems that it's a bit of a dream to get some moulds made up as there just ain't enough of us with K's being done up in Aus to cover the costs.

I don't know who Ben Ellis is but I wanted to send him an email telling him he's dreaming, I chose not to as it's only fair to try and make a dollar.

yeah.. i could probably offset the cost of the bonnet and fenders with the work i will need to do to get mine straight.... but i don't think i could justify the cost of shipping or the middle mans fees etc..

i would still really love a CF bonnet though! anybody know anyone moving from Japan to sydney?

Having said that though.. it looks like slidewize charge (container costs, not including fees or taxes etc.) $120 each for a bonnet, bootlid or a set of guards and $100 for a door

not sure if they would ship only if you got someone in japan to send the parts to their agent in japan (i am sure there would be fees involved)

How much do you reckon it would cost to get the bonnet and guards landed at your doorstep?

Can you cut carbon fibre with say a hacksaw or compressed air saw?

I wouldn't be seriously looking at getting them for a while as I've just spent many hours getting my bonnet and guards sprayed and straightened, but you just never know......

in saying that If I could fit std guards to my K I would probably have emailed sidewize by now but the box sections in the sills would stop the guards from fitting. Carbon Fibre guards and bonnet would be wicked but I'd have to sadly hack them up to fit.

You'd have to cut them up anyway to fit the flares on...?

Go for the bonnet, but wouldn't really worry about the fenders too much. Oh, and please don't leave it unpainted... that look isn't cool. IMHO of course :nervous:

You'd have to cut them up anyway to fit the flares on...?

I assumed that they'd be made as gtr style guards, didn't really pay that much attention to it I suppose...... I'd probably leave them unpainted as I'm over spraying and sanding for one lifetime. I've upset enough people by putting a cast iron V8 into the vert so one more person thinking I've done a silly thing wouldn't matter too much I suppose :P

Seriously though I just need to get my brake/fuel lines fitted so I can start the damn thing and do a burnout before I look at buying any more expensive parts.