IGNORED

Need source for 240K or GC110 Idler arm

I'm looking for a new idler arm for my GC110. I found a part number from a company called OEM products (PAJA) (P/N SX4221) out of Australia, but haven't found anyone that sells one online. Mine is completely knackered, so new bushings won't work.

Is there any interchange from another Datsun/Nissan?

If anybody can help, please reply to this thread or PM me.

Thanks, Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link but that is the wrong part.

I called roadsafe directly and talked to one of their tech people. Long story short, they list it as a 240K part but it will not fit. When they bought the company the builds the idler arm, the listing got screwed up. The P/N SX4221 will not fit a 240K. If you look closely the mount to the frame is all wrong and the direction of the arm is backwards.

I am really glad they worked this out for me before I bought one, would actually send my business their way if I ever have a need. Real class act other than the incorrect listing, which they have since corrected in their latest catalog.

Any way the hunt continues.... Anyone got one laying around?

Chris

I'm looking for a new idler arm for my GC110. I found a part number from a company called OEM products (PAJA) (P/N SX4221) out of Australia, but haven't found anyone that sells one online. Mine is completely knackered, so new bushings won't work.

Is there any interchange from another Datsun/Nissan?

If anybody can help, please reply to this thread or PM me.

Thanks, Chris

Have you looked at trying to fix it, i.e. put it in a lathe, take some metal out then Bush / Sleeve it ?

Nigel

• 1 month later...

If the 555 idler arms are still availible, does anybody have a source. I would be willing to pay the costs of time, trouble and shipping.

My only other option is a custom piece, but all the fabricators I have talked to want around $600 to fix the part. Of course that include real bearings, but I'd still rather find the correct part if I can.

If someone could direct me towards a source that would be great.

Chris